Years ago I wrote a blog post listing some funny tech jokes. It was only short, taking me literally 15minutes to create and publish. Despite the short amount of time spent on it the traffic was good, lots of people seemed to like it, even sharing it on social media. Thanks for all the shares by the way!
I thought it would only be right to remake the blog post with an updated version. Here are some of the old ones as well as some others I’ve harvested from across the world wide web. If you don’t get any of them I’m afraid to inform you that your geekiness level is not high enough.
- What kind of doctor fixes broken websites? A URLologist.
- Every morning is the dawn of a new error…
- The Definition of an Upgrade: Take old bugs out, put new ones in.
- Hit any user to continue.
- File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)
- Why don’t vikings send e-mails? They prefer to use Norse code.
- If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0.
- What is the difference between Windows 95 and a virus? A virus does something.
- Yo mama’s so technologically unsavvy, she leaves out pieces of cheese next to the computer.
- I don’t have a solution but I admire the problem.
- Entropy isn’t what it used to be.
- A picture may be worth a thousand words but it uses up a thousand times more memory!
Now that bullet point list is out of the way, let’s throw some other random funny bits out there for your facial muscles to smile at.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Have you heard about that new rock band called 1023 MB? Thought not, they haven’t had any gigs yet.
Did you know in 1981 Bill Gates reportedly said, “640K ought to be enough for anyone.” He denies it though, it stays as a popular legend though!
Time for a meme?
Of course this post has got to have a meme in it. This is a general list post like millions of others on the internet! This tech meme is pretty good though. Kids these days!
Time for a bit more content stealing now in order to fluff out this post further. These are all from this very clever subreddit if you want to go direct to the source, thanks to all the commenters for posting these, they are definitely people succeeding at life. There are many more, I’m only putting a few here, but seriously – check out the subreddit.
- Standard deviation not enough for perverted statistician.
- Did you hear about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on technicality…
- Have you ever heard good IP jokes; it’s all in the delivery.
- There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors.
Think you’ve got some better funny tech jokes? You are welcome to share them with the world in the comments below to show fellow geeks how smart you are.